continuous-integration/drone/push Build is passing Details
memEx is an easy way to digitize the structured processes of your life.
- Notes: Document notes about individual items or concepts
- Contexts: Provide context around a single topic and hotlink to individual concepts in your notes
- Pipelines: Document your processes, attaching contexts to each step.
- Multi-user: Built with sharing and collaboration in mind
- Privacy: Privacy controls on a per-note, context or pipeline basis
- Convenient: Accessible from any internet-capable device
- Install Docker Compose or alternatively Docker Desktop on your machine.
- Copy the example docker-compose.yml. into your local machine where you want. Bind mounts are created in the same directory by default.
- Set the configuration variables in
docker-compose.yml. You'll need to run
docker run -it shibaobun/memex /app/priv/random.shto generate a new secret key base.
docker-compose up -dto start the container!
The first created user will be created as an admin.
You can use the following environment variables to configure memEx in docker-compose.yml.
HOST: External url to generate links with. Must be set with your hosted domain name! I.e.
PORT: Internal port to bind to. Defaults to
4000. Must be reverse proxied!
DATABASE_URL: Controls the database url to connect to. Defaults to
ECTO_IPV6: If set to
true, Ecto should use ipv6 to connect to PostgreSQL. Defaults to
POOL_SIZE: Controls the pool size to use with PostgreSQL. Defaults to
SECRET_KEY_BASE: Secret key base used to sign cookies. Must be generated with
docker run -it shibaobun/memex mix phx.gen.secretand set for server to start.
REGISTRATION: Controls if user sign-up should be invite only or set to public. Set to
publicto enable public registration. Defaults to
LOCALE: Sets a custom default locale. Defaults to
SMTP_HOST: The url for your SMTP email provider. Must be set
SMTP_PORT: The port for your SMTP relay. Defaults to
SMTP_USERNAME: The username for your SMTP relay. Must be set!
SMTP_PASSWORD: The password for your SMTP relay. Must be set!
SMTP_SSL: Set to
trueto enable SSL for emails. Defaults to
EMAIL_FROM: Sets the sender email in sent emails. Defaults to
HOSTwas previously defined.
EMAIL_NAME: Sets the sender name in sent emails. Defaults to "memEx".
Contributions are greatly appreciated, no ability to code needed! You can browse the Contribution Guide to learn more.
memEx is licensed under AGPLv3 or later. A copy of the latest version of the license can be found at license.md.
- Gitea: Main repo, feature requests and bug reports
- Github: Source code mirror, please don't open pull requests to this repository
- Weblate: Contribute to translations!